iPRD is home to a 650 m2 state-of-the-art process development laboratory which is the first of its kind in the UK.
Research and contract projects:
We are able to deliver research and contract projects utilising:
- Industry-standard development and scale-up facilities and procedures
- 20 and 50 litre batch reactors that meet ATEX requirements for handling non-aqueous solvents on a large scale (a unique capability within UK academia)
- On-site mechanical and electrical workshops for bespoke equipment design
Our facilities include:
- Custom-built flow chemistry equipment for continuous processing
- Process analytical technologies (PAT) (FTIR, turbidity, pH, UV-vis, mass spectroscopy, GC, HPLC) for inline and online reaction monitoring
- PAT-instrumented 20 and 50 litre batch reactors for process development and scale-up
- Reaction and parallel calorimeters for chemical hazard and reaction progress monitoring
- Process development separation and isolation equipment
- Lab manager to ensure the safe operation and smooth running of the facility.
- To find out more about how to access our laboratory, contact Mary Bayana (Laboratory manager), firstname.lastname@example.org; 0113 343 6900