iPRD is home to a 650 m2 state-of-the-art process development laboratory which is the first of its kind in the UK.
Research and contract projects:
We are able to deliver research and contract projects utilising:
- Industry-standard development and scale-up facilities and procedures
- 20 and 50 litre batch reactors that meet ATEX requirements for handling non-aqueous solvents on a large scale (a unique capability within UK academia)
- On-site mechanical and electrical workshops for bespoke equipment design
Our facilities include:
- Custom-built continuous processing equipment
- PAT-instrumented 20 and 50 litre batch reactors for process development and scale-up
- Reaction and parallel calorimeters for chemical hazard and reaction progress monitoring
- Process development separation and isolation equipment
- Process analytical technologies (FTIR, turbidity, ultrasound, XRD, tomography)
- Lab manager to ensure the safe operation and smooth running of the facility.